    immediately and the images fill out as they load.
    I have no idea what in my javascript is making IE misbehave so
    violently - any advice would be appreciated.

    Roman, Mar 30, 2007

  2. Roman

    Roman Guest

    Thanks for your attention :)
    It looks like I've traced it down to csshover.htc - which seems
    necessary for the menu on the left.

    If anybody knows a fix that will not involve a completely rewrite of
    the menu, it would be very appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Roman

    Roman, Mar 30, 2007

  3. Roman

    Roman Guest

    On Mar 30, 12:10 pm, "Roman" <> wrote:
    > Thanks for your attention :)
    > It looks like I've traced it down to csshover.htc - which seems
    > necessary for the menu on the left.
    >
    > If anybody knows a fix that will not involve a completely rewrite of
    > the menu, it would be very appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Roman
    >
    > On Mar 30, 11:03 am, "Roman" <> wrote:
    >

    > > I have been trying to battle a problem for quite some time now:
    > > The website I am working on:http://www.ipromo.comloadsVERY slowly
    > > on IE 6 and 7.

    > > To be more precise, the pages load just as fast as they do in Firefox
    > > or Opera - but they wait until the last image is loaded before
    > > rendering. This is obviously a major problem because users sit there
    > > for anywhere from 3-15 seconds staring at a white screen instead of a
    > > web page that's mostly loaded.

    > > However: if I disable javascript in my IE, the page start rendering
    > > immediately and the images fill out as they load.
    > > I have no idea what in my javascript is making IE misbehave so
    > > violently - any advice would be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

    Problem is now fixed - sorry to bother you all. Used the method
    described in http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/ to get IE
    to work with the menu.

    Roman, Mar 30, 2007