    question:
    Is the Read & Execute not essential in order for me to insert and update or
    even select record in the web application. Thanks for any help in advance.

    Jack, Nov 8, 2005

  2. "Jack" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > We have recently upgraded our web server. The web server is in a remote
    > location and is being administered by a contract company. After the
    > upgrade,
    > one of the location of our database (access) has been asssigned the
    > following
    > rights:
    > Read and Write. There are two more permissions i.e. Read & Execute and
    > List
    > Folder Contents which were not given permssion. With this scenario, I
    > cannot
    > add or update records on a web application tied to this Access database.
    > My
    > question:
    > Is the Read & Execute not essential in order for me to insert and update
    > or
    > even select record in the web application. Thanks for any help in advance.

    It is essential.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Nov 8, 2005

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Thanks for the link Tom. I appreciate it. Best regards.

    Jack, Nov 8, 2005
  4. http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/windows_2003_server_and_permissions.asp

    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/windows_xp_pro_and_permissions.asp

    Kyle Peterson, Dec 4, 2005