Internet Information Service

Soheil

Hey I hope u can help me. I would like to install the
Internet Information Service to my Windows XP Home
Edition System. I tried it before and I realized that
this is a special feature of Win XP Professional.

Maybe cou could tell me how to install this and run it on
my Win XP Home Editon to write ASP sites. I thought of
downloading the right file at windows download site but I
cannot find it. There are a lot of security updates but
not the setup file. Is there any other way to install it
on my system or make it work?

THX.

Soheil

Ray at

You cannot download IIS. There are hacks for installing IIS 5 on XP Home,
but whether or not they work, I don't know. Search Google (or your search
engine of choice) for IIS XP Home, and you will find info.

That, or buy XP Pro, which is what you really should do if you plan to use
your computer for development.

Ray at work