Internet Printing

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by alb120, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. alb120

    alb120 Guest

    I implementing Internet Printing; but it fails:
    http://w23ksv/printers/
    gives error on EI Version 6.0.2800.1106 (XP)

    "Server object error 'ASP 0193 : 80020009'
    OnStartPage Failed
    /printers/ipp_util.inc, line 74
    An error occurred in the OnStartPage method of an
    external object. "

    The Application event log on \\w23ksv shows:

    Error ID 5 (Source: Active Server Pages)
    Error: File /printers/ipp_util.inc Line 74 OnStartPage
    Failed. An error
    occurred in the OnStartPage method of an external object..

    wonder if anybody has actually implemented Internet
    Printing successfully.

    I installed 1) IIS 6.0 on my \\W23KSV Windows Server 2003
    machine, 2)Internet Printing and then 3) a TCP/IP
    printer, which I shared as HPJet210.

    The Internet Printing & Active Server Pages component on
    ISS automatically installed and I allowed these
    extensions.

    From a Windows XP Professional PC I, from IE, I run
    http://w23ksv/printers

    Also, I could get:
    And, I get a HTTP 500 - Internet Explorer -Internal
    server error

    The page cannot be displayed

    I followed:
    us;323428&Product=winsvr2003

    What am I doing wrong? How should I connect to this Web
    Printer from XP Prof. SP1 ?

    Is there anything else I have to configure in ISS 6.0?

    *******
    This ISS 6.0 is working correctly for Web Terminal
    Services and SUS, and static web pages

    alb120, Nov 26, 2003

  2. alb120

    Guest

    I have been receiving the same message and have been unable to resolve this error. My IIS services seem to operating otherwise, as FTP, and other web sites work fine.

    I noticed you are running SUS. I am thinking more and more that this issue started after SUS was installed and have read some reports of SUS and the Lock Down tool possibly being the culprit.

    If you have resolved this or have heard any ideas on how to solve this, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thanks

    , Jan 15, 2004