InternetExplorer asp.net interop works at one PC, but fails on others

A

Afigels

I have an asp.net application that has references to MSHTML and SHDocVw to automate InternetExplorer from asp.net page. It works
fine at the originating PC where the page was coded and compiled.

But when i copy the application files to another PC -- application fails at the following line
SHDocVw.InternetExplorer wb = new SHDocVw.InternetExplorer();

with the following message below. Which permissions are needed to it as i need to instantiate IE, not to access files on the local
drive?

Access is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request
identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the
application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the
anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click
"Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Ask a Question