Interop is being faild in server2003

akshar108 via DotNetMonster.com

I m developing a application for word count using interop office com
component but it is running nicely in my server 2000 and i also check in
local 2003 server and give all permission to com component through dcom
config but is not working in the web server of 2003 i have also rights of
that server i also allow all user to use com component by dcom config but it
fails while open command it is giving command failed exception

Any one who is know regarding this please help me

Mark Rae [MVP]

I m developing a application for word count using interop office com
component but it is running nicely in my server 2000 and i also check in
local 2003 server and give all permission to com component through dcom
config but is not working in the web server of 2003 i have also rights of
that server i also allow all user to use com component by dcom config but
it
fails while open command it is giving command failed exception

Any one who is know regarding this please help me

Server-side Office automation is not supported by Microsoft, because it
doesn't work:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

Microsoft Office simply wasn't designed to work in this way:

This is your only solution:
http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Words/Default.aspx