    that server i also allow all user to use com component by dcom config but it
    fails while open command it is giving command failed exception

    Any one who is know regarding this please help me

    akshar108 via DotNetMonster.com, Sep 24, 2007

  2. "akshar108 via DotNetMonster.com" <u37462@uwe> wrote in message
    news:78ad447f64e9e@uwe...

    >I m developing a application for word count using interop office com
    > component but it is running nicely in my server 2000 and i also check in
    > local 2003 server and give all permission to com component through dcom
    > config but is not working in the web server of 2003 i have also rights of
    > that server i also allow all user to use com component by dcom config but
    > it
    > fails while open command it is giving command failed exception
    >
    > Any one who is know regarding this please help me

    Server-side Office automation is not supported by Microsoft, because it
    doesn't work:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

    Microsoft Office simply wasn't designed to work in this way:

    This is your only solution:
    http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Words/Default.aspx

    --
    Mark Rae