    as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
    Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothod
    to trace output of each line.

    novice, Mar 10, 2006

  2. Ian Malone

    Ian Malone Guest

    novice wrote:
    > How to trace each line of code and see the respective output
    > as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
    > Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothod
    > to trace output of each line.

    This is best asked at comp.unix.programmer, the answer is probably
    yes, but almost certainly depends on which Unix and maybe what
    compiler. I know it can be done in Linux with gcc + kdbg (a kde
    gui for the GNU debugger gdb).

    --
    imalone

    Ian Malone, Mar 10, 2006

  3. "novice"posted the following on 2006-03-10:

    > How to trace each line of code and see the respective output
    > as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
    > Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothodLinu
    > to trace output of each line.

    For GnuC you have this site :

    http://www.unknownroad.com/rtfm/gdbtut/gdbtoc.html

    Keywords are gcc,gdb.

    You'll be better off in a unix or linux forum than here though.

    --
    "A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world" - LeCarre.

    Richard G. Riley, Mar 10, 2006