    as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
    Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothod
    to trace output of each line.

    novice, Mar 10, 2006

  2. novice

    Ian Malone Guest

    novice wrote:
    > How to trace each line of code and see the respective output
    > as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
    > Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothod
    > to trace output of each line.

    This is best asked at comp.unix.programmer, the answer is probably
    yes, but almost certainly depends on which Unix and maybe what
    compiler. I know it can be done in Linux with gcc + kdbg (a kde
    gui for the GNU debugger gdb).

    --
    imalone

    Ian Malone, Mar 10, 2006

  3. "novice"posted the following on 2006-03-10:

    > How to trace each line of code and see the respective output
    > as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
    > Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothodLinu
    > to trace output of each line.

    For GnuC you have this site :

    http://www.unknownroad.com/rtfm/gdbtut/gdbtoc.html

    Keywords are gcc,gdb.

    You'll be better off in a unix or linux forum than here though.

    --
    "A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world" - LeCarre.

    Richard G. Riley, Mar 10, 2006