interpreter Py_Initialize/Py_Finalize mem leak?

Roman Suzi

In pure curiosity I tried to compile loop.c from Demo/embed
and started it with 'print 2+2'. It seems, that both 2.3 and 2.4
pythons have memory leaks in Py_Initialize/Py_Finalize calls.
(That is, interpreter doesn't clean up well after itself).

This is my setup:

gcc -fpic loop.c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -lm -lpython2.4 \
-lpthread -lutil -ldl \
-I/usr/local/include/python2.4 \
-L/usr/local/lib/python2.4/config \
-o looptest

(It's on Linux RedHat 7.3)

I do not know if this is of any importance though. Probably it is
for embedded Python uses.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi