interpreter Py_Initialize/Py_Finalize mem leak?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Roman Suzi, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. Roman Suzi

    Roman Suzi Guest

    In pure curiosity I tried to compile loop.c from Demo/embed
    and started it with 'print 2+2'. It seems, that both 2.3 and 2.4
    pythons have memory leaks in Py_Initialize/Py_Finalize calls.
    (That is, interpreter doesn't clean up well after itself).

    This is my setup:

    gcc -fpic loop.c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -lm -lpython2.4 \
    -lpthread -lutil -ldl \
    -I/usr/local/include/python2.4 \
    -L/usr/local/lib/python2.4/config \
    -o looptest

    (It's on Linux RedHat 7.3)

    I do not know if this is of any importance though. Probably it is
    for embedded Python uses.

    Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
    --
    =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3

    Roman Suzi, Jan 8, 2005