interrupt during require_gem

Joel VanderWerf

Bad timing I guess: I happened to interrupt a program presumably during
require_gem or whatever method happens when you have RUBYOPT=rubygems.
This caused a huge dump of warnings about invalid gem specs (not even
gems I was using in my code). Could this be handled in a way that
doesn't dump all these messages (shown below)? I'm not including the
backtrace, because it didn't show where these warnings were generated.

WARNING: Interrupt
Gem::Specification.new do |s|
s.name = %q{columnize}
s.version = "0.1"

s.specification_version = 1 if s.respond_to? :specification_version=

s.required_rubygems_version = nil if s.respond_to?
:required_rubygems_version=
s.authors = ["R. Bernstein"]
s.cert_chain = nil
s.date = %q{2007-12-08}
s.description = %q{Columnize is a module for reading and caching
lines. This may be useful for example in a debugger where the same lines
are shown many times.}
s.email = %q{[email protected]}
s.extra_rdoc_files = ["README", "lib/columnize.rb"]
s.files = ["AUTHORS", "COPYING", "ChangeLog", "NEWS", "README",
"Rakefile", "VERSION", "lib/columnize.rb", "test/test-columnize.rb"]
s.has_rdoc = true
s.homepage = %q{http://rubyforge.org/projects/rocky-hacks/columnize}
s.require_paths = ["lib"]
s.required_ruby_version = Gem::Requirement.new(">= 1.8.2")
s.rubyforge_project = %q{rocky-hacks}
s.rubygems_version = %q{1.1.0}
s.summary = %q{Read file with caching}
end
WARNING: Invalid .gemspec format in
'/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/specifications/columnize-0.1.gemspec'
WARNING: Interrupt
Gem::Specification.new do |s|
s.name = %q{mongrel}
s.version = "1.1.4"

s.specification_version = 2 if s.respond_to? :specification_version=

(and much more like this)

Roger Pack

WARNING: Interrupt
Gem::Specification.new do |s|

I get those all the time, too, if I interrupt a rails app right after
startup. Usually they're considered benign, but, as you mentioned,
confusing :)
-R

Eric Hodel

[...]

Can you file a bug? I know where to fix this, but am on a larger
change at the moment and don't want to confuse myself.

Joel VanderWerf

Eric said:
Can you file a bug? I know where to fix this, but am on a larger change
at the moment and don't want to confuse myself.

Hi, Eric,
Bug filed. Thanks!