Interview Questions - Can somebody help out with Answers!!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by kalaiselvan, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. kalaiselvan

    kalaiselvan Guest

    Hi,

    The below questions are some of the interview questions. If somebody can
    help me out in answering it, will make a world of good.

    Regards,

    kalai

    1. Explain the differences between Server-side and Client-side code?
    2. What type of code (server or client) is found in a Code-Behind
    class?
    3. Should validation (did the user enter a real date) occur
    server-side or client-side? Why?
    4. What does the "EnableViewState" property do? Why would I want it on or
    off?
    5. What is the difference between Server.Transfer and
    Response.Redirect? Why
    would I choose one over the other?
    6. Can you give an example of when it would be appropriate to use a
    web service as opposed to a non-serviced .NET component
    7. Let's say I have an existing application written using Visual
    Studio 6 (VB 6, InterDev 6) and this application utilizes Windows 2000
    COM+ transaction services. How would you approach migrating this
    application to .NET
    8. Can you explain the difference between an ADO.NET Dataset and an
    ADO Recordset?
    9. Can you give an example of what might be best suited to place in
    the Application_Start and Session_Start subroutines?
    10. If I'm developing an application that must accomodate multiple
    security levels though secure login and my ASP.NET web appplication is
    spanned across three web-servers (using round-robbin load balancing)
    what would be the best approach to maintain login-in state for the
    users?
    11. What are ASP.NET Web Forms? How is this technology different than
    what is available though ASP (1.0-3.0)?
    12. How does VB.NET/C# achieve polymorphism?
    11. Can you explain what inheritance is and an example of when you
    might use it?
    13. How would you implement inheritance using VB.NET/C#?
    14. Whats an assembly
    15. Describe the difference between inline and code behind - which is
    best in a
    16. loosely coupled solution
    17. Explain what a diffgram is, and a good use for one
    18. Where would you use an iHTTPModule, and what are the limitations
    of any
    19. approach you might take in implementing one
    20. What are the disadvantages of viewstate/what are the benefits
    21 Describe session handling in a webfarm, how does it work and what
    are the > limits
    22. How would you get ASP.NET running in Apache web servers - why
    would you even do this?
    23. Whats MSIL, and why should my developers need an appreciation of
    it if at all?
    24. In what order do the events of an ASPX page execute. As a
    developer is it important to undertsand these events?
    25. Which method do you invoke on the DataAdapter control to load your
    generated dataset with data?
    26. Can you edit data in the Repeater control?
    27. Which template must you provide, in order to display data in a
    Repeater control?
    28. How can you provide an alternating color scheme in a Repeater
    control?
    29. What property must you set, and what method must you call in your
    code, in order to bind the data from some data source to the Repeater
    control?
    30. What base class do all Web Forms inherit from?
    31. What method do you use to explicitly kill a user s session?
    32 How do you turn off cookies for one page in your site?
    33. Which two properties are on every validation control?
    34. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind
    columns manually?
    35. How do you create a permanent cookie?
    36. What tag do you use to add a hyperlink column to the DataGrid?
    37. What is the standard you use to wrap up a call to a Web service
    38. Which method do you use to redirect the user to another page
    without performing a round trip to the client?
    39. What is the transport protocol you use to call a Web service SOAP
    40. True or False: A Web service can only be written in .NET
    41. What does WSDL stand for?
    42. What property do you have to set to tell the grid which page to go
    to when using the Pager object?
    43. Where on the Internet would you look for Web services?
    44. What tags do you need to add within the asp:datagrid tags to bind
    columns manually.
    45. Which property on a Combo Box do you set with a column name, prior to
    setting the DataSource, to display data in the combo box?
    46. How is a property designated as read-only?
    47. Which control would you use if you needed to make sure the values
    in two different controls matched?
    48. True or False: To test a Web service you must create a windows
    application or Web application to consume this service?
    49. How many classes can a single .NET DLL contain?
    kalaiselvan, Jul 24, 2003

  2. You can't possibly expect people to answer all your 49 questions. Besides,
    with some small effort you can find out most of them by browsing through the
    ..NET documentation and simply searching the web.

    This is not a forum where people do your 'homework' for you.

    Regards,
    Wim Hollebrandse
    ---
    Wimdows Components
    ..NET components - professional, robust and affordable.
    http://www.wimdows.com
    ---

    Wim Hollebrandse, Jul 27, 2003