    Thanks
    Regards
    john
    john, Jul 4, 2005

  2. "john" <> wrote:
    > I saw the code of many state machines in different books, intializing
    > the state machine's register with the help of Asychncrounous external
    > RESET . How the state machine resgister will be intialized, if there is
    > no externel RESET available. Please advice!

    You need to identify an event that starts the fsm regardless of its
    state, than ensure that this event is processed in every _possible_
    state (especially in the netlist). Else you need to introduce such an
    event (e.g. synchronous reset).

    bye Thomas
    Thomas Stanka, Jul 5, 2005

  3. > How the state machine resgister will be intialized, if there is
    > no externel RESET available. Please advice!

    May be you ask the inventor of such machine? I know that FPGA chips supply
    internal reset activating it during configuration time.
    valentin tihomirov, Jul 5, 2005