intigrate the PyGame module with my Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by devendra_k@citilindia.com, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I want to intigrate the PyGame module with my Python exe,
    means i DONT want to generate .PYD files separtely rather than that
    want to put PyGame "c" src with Python workspace of VC project
    workspace.
    I am unable to import the sub modules( display, rect etc) of pygame,
    its raising errors,
    am giving the steps i followed, plz help me in this case

    I am stuck at the "pygame" embedding using microsoft visual c++ under
    win2000 os.
    Formarly I have done following activities :

    1. Downloaded the windows binary for python 1.5.2 from python.org.
    2. Downloaded the sdl windows binary package from pysdl.org.
    3. successfully integrated the sdl library into the python15 project.
    A sample py script was tested successfully.

    4. Downloaded pygame 1.6 source from pygame.org.
    5. Integrated the code into vc project.
    6. On similar lines to sdl, the necessary changes were done
    ( as pygame happens to be successor to sdl).
    Initially, the pygame module was not being recognized by the
    environment.

    Regards,

    Devendra

    , Mar 5, 2005

  2. Lucas Raab Guest

    wrote:
    > I want to intigrate the PyGame module with my Python exe,
    > means i DONT want to generate .PYD files separtely rather than that
    > want to put PyGame "c" src with Python workspace of VC project
    > workspace.
    > I am unable to import the sub modules( display, rect etc) of pygame,
    > its raising errors,
    > am giving the steps i followed, plz help me in this case
    >
    > I am stuck at the "pygame" embedding using microsoft visual c++ under
    > win2000 os.
    > Formarly I have done following activities :
    >
    > 1. Downloaded the windows binary for python 1.5.2 from python.org.
    > 2. Downloaded the sdl windows binary package from pysdl.org.
    > 3. successfully integrated the sdl library into the python15 project.
    > A sample py script was tested successfully.
    >
    > 4. Downloaded pygame 1.6 source from pygame.org.
    > 5. Integrated the code into vc project.
    > 6. On similar lines to sdl, the necessary changes were done
    > ( as pygame happens to be successor to sdl).
    > Initially, the pygame module was not being recognized by the
    > environment.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Devendra

    You don't want to put the Pygame files in the pythonxy.exe (where xy is
    your version number) file, but rather the pythonxy.dll file.

    Lucas Raab, Mar 5, 2005

  3. > 1. Downloaded the windows binary for python 1.5.2 from python.org.

    Pygame uses Python 1.5.2 still!? :) Oi.

    Warren

    Warren Postma, Mar 7, 2005
  4. Dave Brueck Guest

    Warren Postma wrote:

    >> 1. Downloaded the windows binary for python 1.5.2 from python.org.

    > Pygame uses Python 1.5.2 still!? :) Oi.

    Nah, must have been a typo, as www.pygame.org lists Windows installers for
    Python 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4:

    http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml