    intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89

    http://www.informit.com/guides/content.asp?g=cplusplus&seqNum=223&rl=1

    Is any new standard for C published after C99?

    king, Aug 7, 2006

  2. king

    Ian Collins Guest

    king wrote:
    > Isn't intptr_t part of the latest ISO C++?
    > It is part of the C99 standard but C++? Has any new standard for C++
    > after C++ 2003 which is almost same as C++98 published?
    > Which are the compilers that supports it completely?

    No, the 3003 update was corrections.

    > on gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux) I dont get any error when using
    > intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89

    That's probably because intptr_t is defined in common system headers,
    used for both C and C++ compilations.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Aug 7, 2006

  3. king

    king Guest

    So Does C++ has intptr_t?

    king, Aug 7, 2006
  4. king

    Ian Collins Guest

    king wrote:
    > So Does C++ has intptr_t?

    Please don't top post.

    No, C99 does and so does either your OS or compiler headers.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Aug 7, 2006
  5. king

    Kai-Uwe Bux Guest

    king wrote:
    [top-posting corrected]
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >> king wrote:
    >> > Isn't intptr_t part of the latest ISO C++?
    >> > It is part of the C99 standard but C++? Has any new standard for C++
    >> > after C++ 2003 which is almost same as C++98 published?
    >> > Which are the compilers that supports it completely?
    >> >

    >> No, the 3003 update was corrections.
    >>
    >> > on gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux) I dont get any error when using
    >> > intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89
    >> >

    >> That's probably because intptr_t is defined in common system headers,
    >> used for both C and C++ compilations.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian Collins.

    > So Does C++ has intptr_t?

    a) please don't top-post.
    b) please do not quote signatures.
    c) no.

    Best

    Kai-Uwe Bux

    Kai-Uwe Bux, Aug 7, 2006
  6. king

    P.J. Plauger Guest

    "king" <> wrote in message

    > So Does C++ has intptr_t?

    Only as part of TR1, which is a non-normative addition. But
    it has also been voted into the next release of the C++
    Standard. (You can also get intptr)t with C++ as part of
    our latest library, FWIW.)

    P.J. Plauger
    Dinkumware, Ltd.
    http://www.dinkumware.com