intptr_t

king

Isn't intptr_t part of the latest ISO C++?
It is part of the C99 standard but C++? Has any new standard for C++
after C++ 2003 which is almost same as C++98 published?
Which are the compilers that supports it completely?

on gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux) I dont get any error when using
intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89

http://www.informit.com/guides/content.asp?g=cplusplus&seqNum=223&rl=1

Is any new standard for C published after C99?

Ian Collins

king said:
Isn't intptr_t part of the latest ISO C++?
It is part of the C99 standard but C++? Has any new standard for C++
after C++ 2003 which is almost same as C++98 published?
Which are the compilers that supports it completely?
No, the 3003 update was corrections.
on gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux) I dont get any error when using
intptr_t even after specifying -std=c89
That's probably because intptr_t is defined in common system headers,
used for both C and C++ compilations.

king

So Does C++ has intptr_t?
Ian said:
No, the 3003 update was corrections.

That's probably because intptr_t is defined in common system headers,
used for both C and C++ compilations.

Kai-Uwe Bux

king wrote:
[top-posting corrected]
So Does C++ has intptr_t?

a) please don't top-post.
b) please do not quote signatures.
c) no.

Best

Kai-Uwe Bux

P.J. Plauger

So Does C++ has intptr_t?

Only as part of TR1, which is a non-normative addition. But
it has also been voted into the next release of the C++
Standard. (You can also get intptr)t with C++ as part of
our latest library, FWIW.)

P.J. Plauger
Dinkumware, Ltd.
http://www.dinkumware.com