Intranet app -- any way to confirm certain client file exists?

KatB

Hi,

I have an intranet app and need to confirm if a certain file exists on
the user's pc.

Is this possible?

I can certainly do so using IO.FileInfo on the server but can't find a
way to look at client. Of course, this makes sense in Internet use, but
hoping for a way around it for an in-house intranet app.

If the file does exist, I execute an event (open an .hta page that loads
a citrix ica), but if it doesn't exist, I don't want the user to get an
error.

Thanks, Kat

Curt_C [MVP]

not really.
You can't access much on the client PC without a bunch of tweaks to open it
up or without tyring to use the \\pcname\c$\path\to\file method, and for
that IIS needs Admin rights on the domain/pc's