Intranet Application Using Windows Authentication

Mckinsey

Hi All:

We recently developed an intranet Application which used Windows
Authentication ( AD).
Subsequently it was submitted for Performance testing using Visual
Studio 2005 Team system. The test team rejected the build saying the
Server CPU shoot upto 80 % on load testing. ( Load test : 10 concurrent
connections for 5 minutes ).

While analysing the issue we noticed that when the application tries to
read from the AD, the following two processes w3wp.exe and lsas.exe
cumulatively accounted for 80% of the CPU utilization. A simple web
page which used Windows Authentication through web.config also
reproduced the same error.

Had any one had similar issue , please share the solution.

RDS,

Bala