intranet ie blocking java and DHTML scrips

Jon

I'm setting up a small intranet at work (not a true intranet using IIS) but
one constructed of a shared folder called "intranet" with html files,
folders, images etc... My XP SP2 with IE 6 system keeps brining up the
information bar and trying to block my flash and javascript's. How can I
enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

thanks

Jon

Steve Pugh

Jon said:
I'm setting up a small intranet at work (not a true intranet using IIS) but
one constructed of a shared folder called "intranet" with html files,
folders, images etc... My XP SP2 with IE 6 system keeps brining up the
information bar and trying to block my flash and javascript's. How can I
enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

Go round to each desktop and change the security settings. Or get your
users to use a browser other than IE. Or set up a proper (or even an
IIS one ;-)) intranet.

Steve

Jon

Changing security settings doesn't seem to work?

When you say setup a proper intranet or indeed an IIS one, what did you mean
(are there ? What's a "proper" intranet as opposed to an IIS intranet?

I also know nothing about IIS? so wouldn't know where to start (I'm a
hardware/networks IT engineer not a web engineer)

SpaceGirl

Jon said:
Changing security settings doesn't seem to work?

When you say setup a proper intranet or indeed an IIS one, what did you mean
(are there ? What's a "proper" intranet as opposed to an IIS intranet?

I also know nothing about IIS? so wouldn't know where to start (I'm a
hardware/networks IT engineer not a web engineer)

He was making a dig at IIS. There's nothing wrong with IIS, and it's a
LOT easier to setup and manage.