    enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

    thanks

    Jon
    Jon, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Jon

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Jon" <> wrote:

    >I'm setting up a small intranet at work (not a true intranet using IIS) but
    >one constructed of a shared folder called "intranet" with html files,
    >folders, images etc... My XP SP2 with IE 6 system keeps brining up the
    >information bar and trying to block my flash and javascript's. How can I
    >enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

    Go round to each desktop and change the security settings. Or get your
    users to use a browser other than IE. Or set up a proper (or even an
    IIS one ;-)) intranet.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Changing security settings doesn't seem to work?

    When you say setup a proper intranet or indeed an IIS one, what did you mean
    (are there ? What's a "proper" intranet as opposed to an IIS intranet?

    I also know nothing about IIS? so wouldn't know where to start (I'm a
    hardware/networks IT engineer not a web engineer)

    Jon, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Jon

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Jon wrote:
    > Changing security settings doesn't seem to work?
    >
    > When you say setup a proper intranet or indeed an IIS one, what did you mean
    > (are there ? What's a "proper" intranet as opposed to an IIS intranet?
    >
    > I also know nothing about IIS? so wouldn't know where to start (I'm a
    > hardware/networks IT engineer not a web engineer)
    >
    > "Steve Pugh" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Jon" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm setting up a small intranet at work (not a true intranet using IIS)

    > but
    >
    >>>one constructed of a shared folder called "intranet" with html files,
    >>>folders, images etc... My XP SP2 with IE 6 system keeps brining up the
    >>>information bar and trying to block my flash and javascript's. How can I
    >>>enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

    >>Go round to each desktop and change the security settings. Or get your
    >>users to use a browser other than IE. Or set up a proper (or even an
    >>IIS one ;-)) intranet.
    >>
    >>Steve
    >>
    >>--
    >>"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
    >> I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor
    >>
    >>Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    He was making a dig at IIS. There's nothing wrong with IIS, and it's a
    LOT easier to setup and manage.
    SpaceGirl, Mar 10, 2005