Intranet URL from Internet application

abcd

I have an internet enabled Web applicaiton, that applicaiton will be
accessing our one of the intranet link which points to complete different
system. This is avaialble thru only intranet. If I want to access that
intranet link from my internet applicaiton what settings I need to provide.
What code I will need to write...any help will be appriciated...I am using
ASP.NET

Guest

I have an internet enabled Web applicaiton, that applicaiton will be
accessing our one of the intranet link which points to complete different
system. This is avaialble thru only intranet. If I want to access that
intranet link from my internet applicaiton what settings I need to provide.
What code I will need to write...any help will be appriciated...I am using
ASP.NET

Your question is not very clear. For a hyperlink to intranet you don't
need to have any "settings". If your intranet site is located at
http://intranetapp then you need to link to this address. Usually this
means that the link will be available for users who work from within
corporate network. All other users would get a DNS error

abcd

Yes I want other users to see those pages also....is there any method to do
that....

[...]

It depends on your application. I think the easiest way is to have a
copy of http://intranetapp that sits on your internet server (DMZ). A
database synchronization can be done between the intranet and DMZ
either by using standard tools (like publishing and subscriptions in
SQL Server) or through a custom code. Another way is to write a new
application which could act as a "proxy", passing requests through to
a webservice on the intranet.

abcd

I tried HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse. I can pull the page and display
it now...the page has some data when I fil it and say submit it doesnt
work....what wokaround I will need here...

Yes I want other users to see those pages also....is there any method to
do
that....

It depends on your application. I think the easiest way is to have a
copy of http://intranetapp that sits on your internet server (DMZ). A
database synchronization can be done between the intranet and DMZ
either by using standard tools (like publishing and subscriptions in
SQL Server) or through a custom code. Another way is to write a new
application which could act as a "proxy", passing requests through to
a webservice on the intranet.

abcd

I am doing the same thing, the exact steps mentioned in the link

after Web response I get one page that I need to run successfully...

e.g. if my url is say http://www.hotmail.com I get it working I can login
successfully after WEb response display the hotmail mail

now here my url is intranet applicaiton http://xyz.mydomain.com after Web
response I get the login page of my intranet applicaiton which donest
work...intranet applicaiton has relative urls and will that work from this
mechamism...

I tried HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse. I can pull the page and
display
it now...the page has some data when I fil it and say submit it doesnt
work....what wokaround I will need here...

A post does not work or you don't see the answer from remote server?

Please see the code from the followin page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/debx8sh9.aspx

Hope this helps

Guest

I am doing the same thing, the exact steps mentioned in the link

after Web response I get one page that I need to run successfully...

e.g. if my url is sayhttp://www.hotmail.comI get it working I can login
successfully after WEb response display the hotmail mail

now here my url is intranet applicaitonhttp://xyz.mydomain.com after Web
response I get the login page of my intranet applicaiton which donest
work...intranet applicaiton has relative urls and will that work from this
mechamism...

A post does not work or you don't see the answer from remote server?

Please see the code from the followin pagehttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/debx8sh9.aspx

Hope this helps

So, what is not working, a login or relative URLs? Please provide your
code and exact error message you received.