Intrinsic Function in C++?

Bryan Parkoff

Do you know where I can find a good book how to write intrinsic
function? Intrinsic function is useful to use MMX or SSE or any SIMD
instruction of x86 and other machines for best portability. It is what I
intend to write C++ code using intrinsic to develop video processing.

Bryan Parkoff

Gianni Mariani

Bryan said:
Do you know where I can find a good book how to write intrinsic
function? Intrinsic function is useful to use MMX or SSE or any SIMD
instruction of x86 and other machines for best portability. It is what I
intend to write C++ code using intrinsic to develop video processing.

This is compiler specific. Intrinsics basically are language constructs
that the compiler uses to do "special" things.

I think you need to ask yourself why you should even bother.