Intro to concurrent programming with python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Boogie El Aceitoso, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    is there any good intro to threads with Python?

    Boogie El Aceitoso, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Boogie El Aceitoso

    Jeff Duffy Guest

    Boogie El Aceitoso wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there any good intro to threads with Python?

    Here's one:

    http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/Python/PyThreads.pdf

    I've found that depending on what you're trying to accomplish writing
    an explicitly threaded implementation may not be the best way to go.

    Having come from a C and Java background, threading was pretty much
    the only way I knew how to do multiple execution paths, but I found that
    for things like writing network servers in Python I was better off using
    asynchronous I/O. Look into the asyncore module and the Twisted
    framework (http://www.twistedmatrix.com/) if that's what you need.

    Jeff Duffy, Mar 5, 2004