    Hi friends

    how about introducing urself ?

    i m Nikesh from India

    Nikesh, May 15, 2006

  2. Nikesh

    Guest

    Hello Nikesh,

    I come from China. ^_^

    , May 15, 2006

  3. Nikesh

    Joe Smith Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello Nikesh,
    >
    > I come from China. ^_^

    Now that you found friendship, kindly bugger off. joe

    Joe Smith, May 15, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    Nikesh <> wrote:

    >how about introducing urself ?

    The concept of an "ur self" sound more appropriate to a
    psychology newsgroup. Is it perhaps the same as the id?

    -- Richard

    Richard Tobin, May 15, 2006
  5. Nikesh

    santosh Guest

    Nikesh wrote:
    > Hi friends
    >
    > how about introducing urself ?
    >
    > i m Nikesh from India

    This is not a teen chat board. This is a Usenet group and it's topic is
    the C language conforming to it's international standard. If you have
    question regarding standard C, by all means post here. Also be sure to
    read the information at the following URLs to elicit a better response
    in the group.

    <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>
    <http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USENET>
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette>

    santosh, May 15, 2006
  6. Nikesh wrote:
    > Hi friends
    >
    > how about introducing urself ?
    >
    > i m Nikesh from India

    I don't care what your name is, your age and where you're from... At
    least you could write what you do for living and how it's connected with
    programming in C, if you want to be any "mr. Nice-guy" and be a just
    slightly a bit more on-topic than you're now.

    But I guess you're just a young confused lazy teenager who thinks usenet
    is one big teen-chat-room ('urself'). I'm really tired of those idiotic
    teenage abbreviations.

    Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
    Martin Jørgensen

    Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_J=F8rgensen?=, May 15, 2006
  7. Nikesh

    Nikesh Guest

    U have no communication skills u know

    well every new thing starts from introduction

    U may be tired of introducing ur self but it is very important in start
    of something

    Just think about it Martin

    Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.

    All the best

    Nikesh, May 16, 2006
  8. Nikesh

    Default User Guest

    Nikesh wrote:

    > U have no communication skills u know

    Ow, this made my head hurt.

    Brian
    header.

    Default User, May 16, 2006
  9. Nikesh

    Ian Collins Guest

    Nikesh wrote:
    > U have no communication skills u know

    I don't think we have a U posting here.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, May 16, 2006
  10. Nikesh

    Guest

    Ian Collins wrote:
    > Nikesh wrote:
    > > U have no communication skills u know
    > >

    > I don't think we have a U posting here.

    Two guys were standing on a wharf in Naples when they
    see a submarine sail by.

    One turns to the other and asks: Is that a U-boat?

    To which the other replies: No, that's notta my boat.

    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    , May 16, 2006
  11. Nikesh

    CBFalconer Guest

    Nikesh wrote:

    > U have no communication skills u know
    >
    > well every new thing starts from introduction
    >
    > U may be tired of introducing ur self but it is very important in
    > start of something
    >
    > Just think about it Martin
    >
    > Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.
    >
    > All the best

    Why are you showing none of the spelling abilities of my grandson
    in kindergarten? He can communicate much better than you can. He
    correctly spells the words he knows, or at least asks the adults
    how to spell them. This is the sort of thing that makes
    communication easy. Imbecelic childish abbreviations make
    communication hard.

    In this particular case it doesn't matter too much, but in general
    on usenet you should realize that readers may very well not have
    convenient access to previous articles in a thread. That means
    that your reply articles should include adequate context, so that
    they stand by themselves. Google is NOT usenet, it is only a very
    poor interface to the real usenet system. To include proper
    context when using google, see my sig. below. Please be sure to
    read the referenced URLs.

    CBFalconer, May 16, 2006
  12. In article <> "Nikesh" <> writes:
    > U have no communication skills u know

    I have no idea what you are replying to. Who is "U"? Not everyone is using
    the crappy google interface to Usenet you are using.

    > well every new thing starts from introduction

    What new thing? This newsgroup exists already over 20 years. And even when
    it started, nobody introduced him/herself. Even at that time I did not
    introduce myself, I just went in.

    > U may be tired of introducing ur self but it is very important in start
    > of something

    If I had to introduce myself to everybody that came into this newsgroup, I
    would not have bothered after about 1000 introductions.

    > Just think about it Martin

    Yes, think about it. Martin (if you mean Martin Jørgensen) gave much
    better information about himself than you do. With his information you
    can even determine what he is doing at this moment. Something that is
    surely lacking from your "introduction".

    > Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.

    You say so. I even do not know what your surname is, where you are
    working, and so on. All that information can be found about Martin
    Jørgensen. So, who are you, except from "Nikesh who is possessing
    good knowledge in C and constantly improving it"? Except that you are
    from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway). (And "urself" has some
    strange philosophical connotations I will not even talk about.)

    Dik T. Winter, May 16, 2006
  13. Nikesh

    Tomás Guest

    Dik T. Winter posted:

    > Except that you are from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway).

    How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?

    (I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

    -Tomás

    Tomás, May 16, 2006
  14. Nikesh

    pete Guest

    Tomás wrote:

    > Dik T. Winter posted:
    >
    > > Except that you are from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway).

    > How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
    >
    > (I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

    A lot of Indians do it.
    They don't all do it, and everyone that does it isn't Indian.

    The real dead giveaway,
    is when a poster uses the word "doubts"
    where the word "questions" would seem more natural.

    --
    pete

    pete, May 16, 2006
  15. pete wrote:
    > Tomás wrote:
    >
    >>Dik T. Winter posted:
    >>

    >>>Except that you are from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway).

    >>How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
    >>
    >>(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

    > A lot of Indians do it.

    I guess they learn to use "u" instead of "you" in their schools...

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_J=F8rgensen?=, May 16, 2006
  16. "Nikesh" <> writes:
    > U have no communication skills u know

    It's spelled "You", not "U". Silly abbreviations like "u" for "you"
    and "ur" for "your" may be acceptable in some forums; this is not one
    of them. Please take the time to spell out words so that others can
    read what you write.

    > well every new thing starts from introduction

    This is not a "new thing". This is a newsgroup that has existed for
    about a quarter of a century. I can appreciate your desire to be
    friendly, but this isn't a chat room.

    [...]

    > Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.

    Good for you. Demonstrate it by discussing C. That's what this
    newsgroup is for.

    And while you're at it, *please* read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>
    and <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/Introduction_to_comp.lang.c>. The FAQ
    is another good reasource: <http://www.c-faq.com/>.

    Keith Thompson, May 16, 2006
  17. Nikesh

    Jaspreet Guest

    Martin Jørgensen wrote:
    > pete wrote:
    > > Tomás wrote:
    > >
    > >>Dik T. Winter posted:

    > >>How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
    > >>
    > >>(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

    > > A lot of Indians do it.

    > I guess they learn to use "u" instead of "you" in their schools...

    No, Martin they (or I could say we) do not learn it in schools. The
    faculty has better things to teach like Algebra, English Grammar,
    Science et al in schools. The usage of u, ur is all due to the SMS
    culture which should not be used in usenet. Apologies for that.

    Jaspreet, May 16, 2006
  18. Nikesh

    pete Guest

    Martin Jørgensen wrote:

    > pete wrote:
    > > Tomás wrote:
    > >
    > >>Dik T. Winter posted:

    > >>How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
    > >>
    > >>(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

    > > A lot of Indians do it.

    > I guess they learn to use "u" instead of "you" in their schools...

    There was a long thread about it, a long time ago.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/browse_frm/thread/310d60ddb690d282/840f407bd90d265c

    "this slang we have learnt from westerners
    while we communicate with them"

    --
    pete

    pete, May 16, 2006
  19. Nikesh

    santosh Guest

    Nikesh wrote:
    > U have no communication skills u know
    >
    > well every new thing starts from introduction
    >
    > U may be tired of introducing ur self but it is very important in start
    > of something
    >
    > Just think about it Martin
    >
    > Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.

    Look, nobody here cares *who* you are or *where* your are from. As I
    explained earlier, this is an Usenet group devoted to ISO C. If you
    have a question in that regard, by all means do post it here. However
    this group is not like many of the web forums on C/C++, with warm
    introductions, nostalgic reminiscences and long-winded off-topic
    digressions. As I understand it, from it's start, this group has been a
    strictly topic-centered, technical place.

    For more information, please be sure to check out the URLs in my
    won't be gaining much by repeatedly cutting a fool of yourself here.

    santosh, May 16, 2006
  20. Nikesh

    santosh Guest

    Martin Jørgensen wrote:
    > pete wrote:
    > > Tomás wrote:
    > >
    > >>Dik T. Winter posted:

    > >>How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
    > >>
    > >>(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

    > > A lot of Indians do it.

    > I guess they learn to use "u" instead of "you" in their schools...

    Certainly not. Even the worst school won't do that. The culprit here is
    the Cell phone and the associated SMS popularised by films and music
    channels on TV.

    santosh, May 16, 2006