Introducing Codase - the first powerful syntax-aware source code search engine

Huihong

Please check out our newly released source code search engine here,
http://www.codase.com

e.g., search socket method call,
http://www.codase.com/search/call?name=socket&owner=&lang=*&type=&parameters=&obj=

Rather than treating code as text, Codase understands programming
languages, and treats code as code, the way it's supposed to be. This
unique and syntax-aware approach provides the most accurate and
detailed search results with fine granularity levels of controls. With
Codase, one can search functions, classes, strings, constants, macros,
comments and other programming language constructs.

Codase hosts huge amount of open source codes providing a much better
coverage, as it covers codes usually hidden inside compressed files and
source control repositories, where general search engines fail to find
and index. In addition, Codase only indexes and searches high quality
codes with every line of code literally validated and compiled by
intelligent and powerful source code analysis engine.

Huihong
Codase, Inc.

Wolfgang Riedel

Huihong said:
[...]

Might be OT, might be nice, but
no

openssl
ssldump
openssh
libxml2
xmlsec
gsoap
apache soap

I gave up,
Wolfgang

Huihong

for these words, did you search as Free Text? Please let me know what
you meant by No openssl, ...
If you search them as function call, you wouldn't find them. I may not
understand you well, so pls let me know your concern. Another thing,
this is alpha release, we will have much more code to come later on.

I found lots of entries on the above words.

(1) 500 entries for openssl
http://www.codase.com/search/text?join=openssl+&scope=join/join&lang=*&project=&search=Search

(2) lots of entries for ssldump, this is the project

http://www.codase.com/search/displa...L3Byb2plY3QuY29kYXNlLnhtbA==&project=ssldump#

(3) 277 entries for openssh
http://www.codase.com/search/text?join=openssh&scope=join/join&lang=*&project=&search=Search

(4) libxml
http://www.codase.com/search/text?join=libxml&scope=join/join&lang=*&project=&search=Search

(5) xmlsec, u are right on this one, no entries

(6) gsoap, u are right on this one, no entries

(7) 1110 entries for apache
http://www.codase.com/search/text?join=apache&scope=join/join&lang=*&project=&search=Search

(8) 109 entries for soap
http://www.codase.com/search/text?join=soap&scope=join/join&lang=*&project=

(9) u are right, no entries for apache and soap

As you can see, our search engine is good if have more details on
function, class names, for general terms, probablly lie within
comments, which we do cover. In the future, we will try to index more
text descriptions.

Thanks for the feedbacks,

Huihong Luo, Ph. D.

Wolfgang Riedel

Huihong said:
[...]

This becomes OT quickly.

I searched for functions, implementing those libraries.
Don't remember all, but

marshall should find apache soap
soap_flush_raw gsoap
xmlCreateFileParserContext libxml2 (libxml is old!)
xmlSecShutDown xmlsec
pkcs7_add_signature openssl
sssh_kex2 openssh
pcap_cb ssldump

Greetings,
Wolfgang

Huihong

Hi Wolfgang,

Although we have collected over 120 million lines of c/c++ code, we
still need to improve coverage. As we make sure that all code we host
can pass through our source code analysis engine, the code we have are
of high quality.

As mentioned early, this is alpha release, we wanted to get feedbacks,
so we can improve our service.

Thanks,

Huihong Luo, Ph.D

Robert Gamble

Wolfgang said:
This becomes OT quickly.

I searched for functions, implementing those libraries.
Don't remember all, but

marshall should find apache soap
soap_flush_raw gsoap
xmlCreateFileParserContext libxml2 (libxml is old!)
xmlSecShutDown xmlsec
pkcs7_add_signature openssl
sssh_kex2 openssh
pcap_cb ssldump

You may want to check out http://csourcesearch.net instead, 150M lines
of C and C++ code. The interface is also a little cleaner IMO.

Robert Gamble