Introducing JS.js

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Alexander, Nov 27, 2011.

  1. Alexander

    Alexander Guest

    Alexander, Nov 27, 2011

  2. Alexander

    Scott Sauyet Guest

    Alexander wrote:
    > announcement of a new JavaScript library (JS.js):http://tatiyants.com/?p=1180

    While I appreciate the clean API, and I believe it does everything it
    claims, I would rather stick with older, more established libararies
    such as http://vaporjs.com/ . If nothing else, this new one is more
    than 100 time the size of Vapor! [1]

    -- Scott

    [1] Actually it's a bit more. JS.js is 160 bytes more than 107 times
    the size of Vapor.js!

    Scott Sauyet, Nov 28, 2011

  3. Alexander

    Tim Streater Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Scott Sauyet <> wrote:

    > Alexander wrote:
    > > announcement of a new JavaScript library
    > > (JS.js):http://tatiyants.com/?p=1180

    > While I appreciate the clean API, and I believe it does everything it
    > claims, I would rather stick with older, more established libararies
    > such as http://vaporjs.com/ . If nothing else, this new one is more
    > than 100 time the size of Vapor! [1]

    I shall stick to my long-established principle of using no such library
    at all.

    --
    Tim

    Tim Streater, Nov 28, 2011
  4. Alexander

    Scott Sauyet Guest

    Tim Streater wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >  Scott Sauyet <> wrote:
    >
    >> Alexander wrote:
    >>> announcement of a new JavaScript library
    >>> (JS.js):http://tatiyants.com/?p=1180

    >> While I appreciate the clean API, and I believe it does everything it
    >> claims, I would rather stick with older, more established libararies
    >> such ashttp://vaporjs.com/.  If nothing else, this new one is more
    >> than 100 time the size of Vapor! [1]

    > I shall stick to my long-established principle of using no such library
    > at all.

    The exciting thing about Vapor is that you can have it both ways.
    Including it and using it is so much like not having a library that
    only you will know you're using it!

    -- Scott

    -- Scott

    Scott Sauyet, Nov 28, 2011
  5. On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:07:49 -0800 (PST), Scott Sauyet
    <> wrote:

    [snip]

    >The exciting thing about Vapor is that you can have it both ways.
    >Including it and using it is so much like not having a library that
    >only you will know you're using it!

    Good joke. (I had to look it up to be sure it was a joke.) I
    think that I am definitely feeling Vaporish.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko

    Gene Wirchenko, Nov 28, 2011
  6. Alexander

    Frobernik Guest

    On 28/11/2011 19:14, Gene Wirchenko wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:07:49 -0800 (PST), Scott Sauyet
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> The exciting thing about Vapor is that you can have it both ways.
    >> Including it and using it is so much like not having a library that
    >> only you will know you're using it!

    > Good joke. (I had to look it up to be sure it was a joke.) I
    > think that I am definitely feeling Vaporish.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Gene Wirchenko

    Its going to be the best open source tool of 2012 (hopefully!)

    Frobernik

    Frobernik, Dec 6, 2011