Introduction to ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sönke Greve, Oct 4, 2005.

  1. Sönke Greve

    Sönke Greve Guest

    Hi,

    i'm quite new to the .NET architecture although im programming ASP for years
    now.

    I found several good tutorials how to use .NET Components in its common way
    but i have two major problems:

    (related to a ASP.NET webportal-style)
    1) I need a basic overview about the ASP.NET structure. How do I concieve my
    Database in a useful way to cooperate with the .NET Components concept and
    how are the aspx-files arranged in it?
    Is there a good tutorial about how to plan your project?

    2) I'm already working on a smaller project loading all the data in classes
    (e.g. a User-Class). Most of the Components are designed to use a
    DataSource-Object. But how do i populate most of them manually (e.g. a
    GridView/DataGrid) with Data stored in the classes.

    Please give me some short hints/links/comments. thank you in advance
    Sönke

    P.S.: german contents would be perfect but not necessary
    Sönke Greve, Oct 4, 2005

  2. My personal favorite (I read it every day):

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer