    know this is a forum and so my question should be here to discuss with
    everyone, however I ain't too sure what my question is yet (if that makes
    sense!)
    Neil Greenough, Jul 28, 2004

  2. "Neil Greenough" <> wrote in message
    news:ce8ehl$eal$...
    > I ain't got the foggiest about ASP, but I know I need to use it to create
    > what I am after in my website. Could anyone please give me a brief
    > introduction about ASP, example how you enter it into a webpage, using VB
    > Script or something else, does your server need to support it etc??? Also,
    > if anyone is willing to help me out, then please email us to let me know.

    > know this is a forum and so my question should be here to discuss with
    > everyone, however I ain't too sure what my question is yet (if that makes
    > sense!)

    Start here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnasp/html/aspover.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28000522
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iissdk/iis/iis_web_pages.asp

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Jul 28, 2004

  3. Neil Greenough

    CJM Guest

    > I ain't got the foggiest about ASP, but I know I need to use it to create
    > what I am after in my website. Could anyone please give me a brief
    > introduction about ASP, example how you enter it into a webpage, using VB
    > Script or something else, does your server need to support it etc??? Also,
    > if anyone is willing to help me out, then please email us to let me know.

    > know this is a forum and so my question should be here to discuss with
    > everyone, however I ain't too sure what my question is yet (if that makes
    > sense!)

    If you'd checked out Hasan Kachal's thread ('ASP code reference
    guide/glossary') from yesterday evening, you'd find pointers to some good
    tutorial and reference sites.

    Have a look at them. Have a go, and when you get stuck, post a specific
    question on here, and we will try to help.

    You say you need to use ASP. Why? There are other technologies that can do
    similar stuff. I'd obviously recommend ASP, but you should be aware that
    there are other options.

    Chris
    CJM, Jul 28, 2004
  4. What other options are there? Basically, here's what i'm after. If you could
    suggest the best script to use:-

    I have a MS Access 2000 database with a few prices in them. Each price
    relates to three specific categories, with many options in each category.
    Now, what I want is for this to be transferred into a userform on an
    internet website. So for example, a user is able to choose a specific item
    from each category, and then a quantity at the end, click 'go' and then a
    total price is given to them. The total price is worked out by
    cross-referencing the quantity to the info from the database.

    Neil Greenough, Jul 28, 2004
  5. Neil Greenough

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : I have a MS Access 2000 database with a few prices in them. Each price
    : relates to three specific categories, with many options in each category.
    : Now, what I want is for this to be transferred into a userform on an
    : internet website. So for example, a user is able to choose a specific item
    : from each category, and then a quantity at the end, click 'go' and then a
    : total price is given to them. The total price is worked out by
    : cross-referencing the quantity to the info from the database.
    :

    If you're using MS Access, then your web server should be running on IIS
    which runs on NT/2000. If so, then ASP will work fine.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */
    Roland Hall, Jul 29, 2004
  6. Neil Greenough

    CJM Guest

    ASP is fine for what you want to do... It was just that you seemed to know
    so little about these web technologies, yet you were adamant that you
    specifically needed to use ASP. Without some idea of what you were doing, I
    was just challenging that.

    You could use other technologies such as ASP.NET or PHP for this, but
    needless to say I woudl support using ASP. But that is just my preference.

    Did you look at the previous thread? There were some good ASP resources
    listed.

    hth

    Chris
    CJM, Jul 29, 2004