Introduction to OOP!!! But which language?????

John Swan

Which one is best?

Java is slow but can be ran on every machine.
C# kicks the crap out of MFC but can only be run on M$ platforms.
C++ is class :) but is harder work so ultimately makes you better.

If someone wanted to learn an oop based language which one would you
choose????

benben

John Swan said:
Which one is best?

Java is slow but can be ran on every machine.

C++ is fast and can be run on a lot of machines, provided you have a descent
library to work with and compiler to compiler compatible code for multiple
platforms. Both C++ and Java are portable, but at different levels.
C# kicks the crap out of MFC but can only be run on M$ platforms.

C# is a language. MFC is a library (not a descent one.) The very same
library that serves C#--the .net framework class library--also serves for
C++. C++ is the de facto most powerful language even in the .net world.
C++ is class :) but is harder work so ultimately makes you better.

I don't understand this. For me C++ doesn't mean harder work...(its all hard
on any language anyway)
If someone wanted to learn an oop based language which one would you
choose????

C++. But C++ is much more than an oop language so...

Ben

Phoenix

Java is the best language, if you like GUI and functionability. C++,
and C# are hard you understand if unless you really get into them. The
thing Java lacks is a universal executible on both Mac and Windows
platforms.

mlimber