invalid address alignment

ADS7328

Dear ,

My C++ program crashes with the following error:
SIGNAL BUS (invalid addresses aligment)
at random pleaces.

t@1 (l@1) signal BUS (invalid address alignment) in
__rwstd::digit_writer<char,std::eek:streambuf_iterator
<char,std::char_traits<char> > >::put_digits at 0xfdf09af0
0xfdf09af0: put_digits+0x0298: ld [%o0], %l5
Current function is Analytic::Schedule (optimized)
4838 str << " " << ":R" << ":::"
<< "01/01/1900" << ":" << DF ;
(dbx) quit

Thanks in advance

bye
Tony

Jon Harrop

ADS7328 said:
My C++ program crashes with the following error:
SIGNAL BUS (invalid addresses aligment)
at random pleaces.

You can completely eliminate memory address problems by using a safe
language, with a virtual machine, garbage collector and so forth. Then
you'll never see problems like this.