invalid address alignment

Discussion in 'C++' started by ADS7328, May 22, 2007.

  1. ADS7328

    ADS7328 Guest

    Dear ,

    My C++ program crashes with the following error:
    SIGNAL BUS (invalid addresses aligment)
    at random pleaces.

    t@1 (l@1) signal BUS (invalid address alignment) in
    __rwstd::digit_writer<char,std::eek:streambuf_iterator
    <char,std::char_traits<char> > >::put_digits at 0xfdf09af0
    0xfdf09af0: put_digits+0x0298: ld [%o0], %l5
    Current function is Analytic::Schedule (optimized)
    4838 str << " " << ":R" << ":::"
    << "01/01/1900" << ":" << DF ;
    (dbx) quit

    Thanks in advance

    bye
    Tony

    ADS7328, May 22, 2007

  2. ADS7328

    Jon Harrop Guest

    ADS7328 wrote:
    > My C++ program crashes with the following error:
    > SIGNAL BUS (invalid addresses aligment)
    > at random pleaces.

    You can completely eliminate memory address problems by using a safe
    language, with a virtual machine, garbage collector and so forth. Then
    you'll never see problems like this.

    The F#.NET Journal
    http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?usenet

    Jon Harrop, May 22, 2007