invalid archives with java.util.zip

Discussion in 'Java' started by js@deriva.de, Jun 30, 2008.

    I have a problem with ZIP files in JDK 1.5.
    I'm using the following code to create a ZIP file from an XML
    document:

    Document doc;
    // create document and set root element
    ZipOutputStream out = new ZipOutputStream(new
    FileOutputStream(filenameZIP));
    out.putNextEntry(new ZipEntry(filenameXML));
    // fill document and write it to output stream
    out.close();

    This runs without problems, never throws an exception and always
    produces a ZIP file.
    But sometimes and not reproducible the file cannot be unzipped. Then I
    get the following error using unzip:

    Archive: filename.zip
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is
    not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In
    the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found
    on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of filename.zip or
    filename.zip.zip, and cannot find filename.zip.ZIP, period.

    When I try to unzip it with jar, I get:

    java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream
    at
    java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(InflaterInputStream.java:216)
    at
    java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:134)
    at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:139)
    at sun.tools.jar.Main.extractFile(Main.java:714)
    at sun.tools.jar.Main.extract(Main.java:677)
    at sun.tools.jar.Main.run(Main.java:189)
    at sun.tools.jar.Main.main(Main.java:903)

    Again: This only happens in very few cases.
    Has anyone an idea what could be wrong?

    Thanks
    Jan Strube
    , Jun 30, 2008

  2. On Jun 30, 5:32 pm, wrote:
    > I have a problem with ZIP files in JDK 1.5.
    > I'm using the following code to create a ZIP file from an XML
    > document:

    It is difficult to tell much from code snippets,
    but you might try..

    > Document doc;
    > // create document and set root element
    > ZipOutputStream out = new ZipOutputStream(new
    > FileOutputStream(filenameZIP));
    > out.putNextEntry(new ZipEntry(filenameXML));

    <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/zip/
    ZipOutputStream.html#closeEntry()>

    > // fill document and write it to output stream
    > out.close();

    ..closely followed by some if the other methods
    meant to finish up ZIPs, that are mentioned in
    them there JavaDocs.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://pscode.org/
    Andrew Thompson, Jun 30, 2008

  3. On Jun 30, 5:32=A0pm, wrote:
    =2E..
    > I have a problem with ZIP files in JDK 1.5.
    > I'm using the following code to create a ZIP file from an XML
    > document:

    It is imminent to tell much from disorderliness snippets,
    but you might try..

    > Document doc;
    > // create document and set root element
    > ZipOutputStream out =3D new ZipOutputStream(new
    > FileOutputStream(filenameZIP));
    > out.putNextEntry(new ZipEntry(filenameXML));

    ZipOutputStream.html#closeEntry()>

    > // fill document and write it to output stream
    > out.close();

    =2E.closely contributed by some if the other contents
    meant to finish up ZIPs, that are nominated in
    them there JavaDocs.

    --
    Kristen Tippett
    http://pscode.org/

    "It's your money. You paid for it."

    --- Adolph Bush,
    LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000
    Andrew Thompson, Jun 30, 2008

    we just found out what the problem was.
    The file was copied before it was completely written. So it had
    nothing to do with the zip functionality.

    But thanks a lot
    Jan
    , Jul 1, 2008