Invalid Callee

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Daryl Davis, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. Daryl Davis

    Daryl Davis Guest

    Please forgive the cross post, I am unsure where to send this too. I am
    using a webservice written in vb.net. I create a late bound server object,
    then I call a function, When I go to call a second, it gives me an error of
    invalid callee. What is causing this errer and is there anyway around it?
    See my simple code, Any suggestions?
    <WebMethod(Description:="ByRef sCardSpots As System.Array, ByRef sFaceNum As
    System.Array")> _

    Public Overridable Function GetCards(ByVal lTicket As Integer, ByVal
    PlayerStation As Int16, ByVal GameNumber As Int16, ByRef nCardQTYReceived As
    Int16, ByRef sCardSpots As String(), ByRef sFaceNum As String()) As Integer

    Dim k As Object

    Try

    Dim ans As Short

    getObj(k) ' <--Createobject(server.componate,servername)

    k.LoadTicket(lTicket, True) '<--Sets componate to load a specific item

    k.setcurrentlevel = 1

    k.setcurrentgamepindex = GameNumber

    k.GetCards(nCardQTYReceived, sCardSpots, sFaceNum) <--Here is where I get
    the invalid callee error

    'Catch ex As System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

    Catch ex As Exception

    GetCards = k.cardstartcard

    k = Nothing

    Exit Function