Invalid character in a Base-64 string. [HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid_Viewstate

adrian.besimi

Hi,

I got a serious problem regarding the Server.Execute and/or
Server.Transfer.

Here's the idea of my application:

I have 1 web page named Default.aspx where I execute all my other
pages.

Example: I use:

Server.Transfer(Request.QueryString["Page"]);

this will execute any content of the PAGE into the default.aspx
http://localhost/eServices/default.aspx?Page=Test.aspx

So, Test.aspx design is inserted without problem.

The problem occurs when I click the button on the form on the Test.aspx
page. Instead of executing insertion to the DB it comes up with an
exception.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Invalid character in a
Base-64 string.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Invalid character in a Base-64 string.]
System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s) +0
System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) +25
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +101

[HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid_Viewstate
Client IP: 127.0.0.1

I also read tons of articles regarding the VIEWSTATE and none of them
describes this good enough.

If anyone has an idea what I am talking about please respond.

AB.