Invalid character in a Base-64 string. [HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid_Viewstate

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by adrian.besimi@gmail.com, May 25, 2006.

    I got a serious problem regarding the Server.Execute and/or
    Server.Transfer.

    Here's the idea of my application:

    I have 1 web page named Default.aspx where I execute all my other
    pages.

    Example: I use:

    Server.Transfer(Request.QueryString["Page"]);

    this will execute any content of the PAGE into the default.aspx
    http://localhost/eServices/default.aspx?Page=Test.aspx

    So, Test.aspx design is inserted without problem.

    The problem occurs when I click the button on the form on the Test.aspx
    page. Instead of executing insertion to the DB it comes up with an
    exception.

    Exception Details: System.FormatException: Invalid character in a
    Base-64 string.

    Stack Trace:

    [FormatException: Invalid character in a Base-64 string.]
    System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s) +0
    System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) +25
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +101

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid_Viewstate
    Client IP: 127.0.0.1

    I also read tons of articles regarding the VIEWSTATE and none of them
    describes this good enough.

    If anyone has an idea what I am talking about please respond.

    AB.
    , May 25, 2006

  2. Alvin Bruney Guest

    Have a look at this: