invalid character in base-64 string and invalid postback or callba

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by kevin, Jan 16, 2008.

  1. kevin

    kevin Guest

    .....using VS2005, AJAX 1.0 and Windows Workflow Foundation/.net 3.0

    The initial page (with four datagridview controls and 7 UpdatePanels)
    Originally I got the error message defined in the AsyncPostBackErrorMessage
    attribute on the ScriptManager tag.

    After setting EnablepartialRendering="false", I got the "Invalid Postback or
    CallBack argument..".

    I then set <pages enableEventValidation="false"> to see the actual error.

    I now get "Invalid Character in Base-64 String" and the following stack
    trace. I have been to
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555353 but, as this
    is running on my WINXP workstation, the only senario that could fit is
    "Form Posts
    Viewstate can only be posted back to the same page. Attempting to post an
    aspx form to another page will fail with a viewstate invalid exception. This
    behavior is by design".

    This makes sense to me and leads me to look to the WWF. Any ideas or
    suggestions?

    stack
    *******************
    System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s) +0
    System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString) +72
    System.Web.UI.LosFormatter.Deserialize(String input) +11

    MyCompany.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess.SessionManagement.SessionManagementModule.DeserializeSessionFromPage(String session) +120

    MyCompany.ApplicationBlocks.UIProcess.SessionManagement.SessionManagementModule.OnAcquireRequestState(Object source, EventArgs args) +231

    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
    completedSynchronously) +64

    --
    kevin...

    kevin, Jan 16, 2008