Invalid/Missing QueryString - How to react?

Joe Kovac

Hi!

I have many pages that expect query strings. One of the first things to
do, should be to check if the values of the QueryString are valid.
But how should I react on invalid/missing QueryStrings? Somehow the page
itself should stop rendering any controls and just display an error
message. How would I achieve this? Where should that be done? What are
other possible solutions?

Thanks

Joe

Masudur

Hi!

I have many pages that expect query strings. One of the first things to
do, should be to check if the values of the QueryString are valid.
But how should I react on invalid/missing QueryStrings? Somehow the page
itself should stop rendering any controls and just display an error
message. How would I achieve this? Where should that be done? What are
other possible solutions?

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe

for now i see two solution in my mind...
#1 check for querystring ... if okay proceed or redirect to a error
page saying that invalid access
#2 keep my whole contents in a panel...
check for querystring ... if okay proceed or display ...
else hide content and display a error message....
may be there are some other very smart way...

Thanks
Masudur
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Joe Kovac

Raj said:
Displa the error message and call Response.End()

And what if I still want to see the master page? Response.End() cancels
the processing of everything. Even the master page.

Thanks
Joe