    Everything else, like I said, checks out OK.

    What is going on? Help!

    Thanks in advance.

    Micromanaged, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Something is different about this one user's permissions. Clearly, it is
    not an ASP issue, but a system and/or domain issue.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2168

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Apr 7, 2004

  3. Micromanaged

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : The one user, when trying to access it, gets the "ODBC Drivers" error
    : 0x80004005 with "\\servername\sharename" is not a valid path.
    :
    : Everything else, like I said, checks out OK.
    :
    : What is going on? Help!

    Sounds like a permissions issue or perhaps a personal firewall, etc. This
    is more of a security questions than ASP.
    If you're setting individual users with access at the file system level,
    then I suggest using a group and adding users to the group. Also, have you
    tested with different accounts from that particular workstation?

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Micromanaged

    Micromanaged Guest

    I logged into that machine with my domain admin account, and get the
    same problems. It works fine from my machine. I log into my machine
    with the user's account, and it works fine. The problem lies with the
    computer itself (since it works fine away from the computer).

    Micromanaged, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Micromanaged

    Roland Hall Guest

    : I logged into that machine with my domain admin account, and get the
    : same problems. It works fine from my machine. I log into my machine
    : with the user's account, and it works fine. The problem lies with the
    : computer itself (since it works fine away from the computer).

    What is the MDAC version? Also, you could switch to OLEDB instead of using
    a DSN.

    Roland Hall, Apr 7, 2004