Invalid path?

Micromanaged

Got a simple asp page that queries an Access2k database that contains 1
linked table only. The linked table exists on another network share.
All users that have NTFS permissions to access the database through the
asp page can access it with no problem, except 1.

The one user, when trying to access it, gets the "ODBC Drivers" error
0x80004005 with "\\servername\sharename" is not a valid path.

Everything else, like I said, checks out OK.

What is going on? Help!

Thanks in advance.

Roland Hall

in message
:
: The one user, when trying to access it, gets the "ODBC Drivers" error
: 0x80004005 with "\\servername\sharename" is not a valid path.
:
: Everything else, like I said, checks out OK.
:
: What is going on? Help!

Sounds like a permissions issue or perhaps a personal firewall, etc. This
is more of a security questions than ASP.
If you're setting individual users with access at the file system level,
then I suggest using a group and adding users to the group. Also, have you
tested with different accounts from that particular workstation?

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Micromanaged

I logged into that machine with my domain admin account, and get the
same problems. It works fine from my machine. I log into my machine
with the user's account, and it works fine. The problem lies with the
computer itself (since it works fine away from the computer).

Roland Hall

in message
: I logged into that machine with my domain admin account, and get the
: same problems. It works fine from my machine. I log into my machine
: with the user's account, and it works fine. The problem lies with the
: computer itself (since it works fine away from the computer).

What is the MDAC version? Also, you could switch to OLEDB instead of using
a DSN.