Invalid pointer when accessing DB2 using python scripts

P. Adhia

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is successfully using using
Python(2.5)+DB2+pydb2. I get an error in all situations. It seems that
this problem might be limited to python 2.5. A quick Google search
suggests that with Python 2.5, memory model has become more stringent
and mixing various types of memory calls are likely to produce this
error. I am not familiar with writing Python C extensions, but from
what I can tell, pydb2 extension is using only one type of memory
call. Any workaround besides falling back to python 2.4?

It seems pydb2 project isn't very active. I think IBM officially
supports only PHP, ruby and perl, does IBM have any plans to support
python bindings for DB2?

Thanks

P Adhia

Environment:
Ubuntu : Fiesty Fawn
Python 2.5.1c1 (release25-maint, Apr 12 2007, 21:00:25)
DB2 9.1.2

Error: *** glibc detected *** python: free(): invalid pointer:
0xppppppp ***

A simple program to reproduce this error.

#! /usr/bin/env python

import DB2

con = DB2.connect('ANYDB', 'xxxxxx', 'xxxxxx')
csr = con.cursor()
csr.close()
con.close()