Invalid postback or callback argument problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by kevin goff, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. kevin goff

    kevin goff Guest

    We are trying to get a single application compiled to .net 1.1 that will run
    on both asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0.

    When we try to run our app on the .net 1.1 runtime it works fine. When we
    move it to 2.0 it breaks with the following error:
    Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using
    <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
    EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
    feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate
    from the server control that originally rendered them.

    Now if I make the changes recommended in the error message then this is no
    longer backward compatible with the 1.1 runtime. Is there a way to do a
    single change to make this work on both runtimes without having to support
    two separate versions?

    TIA,
    Kevin
    kevin goff, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Consider moving the page validation bits to the web.config and deploy
    different configs for each type of app. That will solve this particular issue
    without editing each page.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Jan 18, 2006

  3. kevin goff

    ponyryd

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Any other answers to this? We would prefer to keep the two environments identical. Is there a way either in the @ page directive or the web.config to optionally set an attribute. Can @ page directives be set in the code behind?
    ponyryd, Aug 4, 2006