Invalid postback or callback argument problem

kevin goff

We are trying to get a single application compiled to .net 1.1 that will run
on both asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0.

When we try to run our app on the .net 1.1 runtime it works fine. When we
move it to 2.0 it breaks with the following error:
Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using
<pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate
from the server control that originally rendered them.

Now if I make the changes recommended in the error message then this is no
longer backward compatible with the 1.1 runtime. Is there a way to do a
single change to make this work on both runtimes without having to support
two separate versions?

TIA,
Kevin

Guest

Consider moving the page validation bits to the web.config and deploy
different configs for each type of app. That will solve this particular issue
without editing each page.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Any other answers to this? We would prefer to keep the two environments identical. Is there a way either in the @ page directive or the web.config to optionally set an attribute. Can @ page directives be set in the code behind?