Invalid postback or callback argument - Very Strange Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Feb 1, 2008.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I have an Asp.Net 3.5 ListView.

    I added a TextBox and 2 buttons in Edit Item Template.

    The TextBox displays the value of the field has expected.

    Buttons are defined as follows:

    Dim cancel As New Button
    cancel.CommandName = "Cancel"
    cancel.Text = "Cancel"
    Dim update As New Button
    update.CommandName = "Update"
    update.Text = "Update"

    When I press the update or cancel button I get a strange error:

    Invalid postback or callback argument.
    Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/
    > in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a

    page.
    For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to
    postback or callback events originate from the server control that
    originally rendered them.
    If the data is valid and expected, use the
    ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to
    register the postback or callback data for validation.

    Why am I getting this error?

    Thanks,

    Miguel

    shapper, Feb 1, 2008

  2. I recently had this error. It had something to do with having an embedded
    <form> tag. Remember that, normally, ASP.NET pages are enclosed within a
    <form> tag. If you end up entering another form tag, it will mess you up.

    --
    Jonathan Wood
    SoftCircuits Programming

    Jonathan Wood, Feb 1, 2008