Invalid postback or callback argument - Why only in IE and not Firefox?

Alan Silver

Hello,

I have a page that enables a site owner to upload images for products on
his site. I have five instances of a the following group of controls:
1) a drop down containing the product names
2) a file upload input control for a small image of the product
3) a file upload input control for a large image of the product

When I try to use this in Firefox, it works fine, but if I try it in IE,
I get the "Invalid postback or callback argument" exception thrown.

Any ideas why I get this exception, why only in IE, and what I can do
about it other than disabling the validation (which I don't want to do).
AFAICS from searching, this exception is usually only when you have
changed the controls on the client, which I haven't. My page is dead
simple stuff. I populate the drop downs on first page load, and pull in
the image files on postback.

TIA for any help