    and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method
    in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

    I'm not sure what to do about it.

    Ray Stevens, Mar 28, 2006

  2. This error ocurs when the layout of the form being submitted differs from
    what has been defined on the server side and you have validation enabled.
    This usually caused by adding new fields, or items to forms using client
    script, or the end user submits the form before the page has finished
    rendering because the server needs the following line

    <input type="hidden" name="__EVENTVALIDATION" id="__EVENTVALIDATION"
    value="somestringofgiberish"

    to be corectly rendered before submitting the form. It is a feature to stop
    people submitting their own forms to your ASP.net page.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Mar 28, 2006

  3. Ray Stevens

    Ray Stevens Guest

    We did not see this with Beta2. Was this feature added later?

    Ray Stevens, Mar 28, 2006