Invalid procedure call or argument: 'InStr'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by john@munsey.net, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Ran Windows update tonight. Since then I get this error:

    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

    Error Type:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0005)
    Invalid procedure call or argument: 'InStr'
    /homerun/getdata2.asp, line 44

    Browser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR
    1.1.4322)

    Page:
    GET /homerun/getdata2.asp

    Time:
    Thursday, August 11, 2005, 12:19:17 AM

    More information:
    Microsoft Support

    This is line 44:

    pos2=InStr(pos1,txt,"<span class")

    Any ideas?

    , Aug 11, 2005

  2. Phill. W Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0005)
    > Invalid procedure call or argument: 'InStr'
    > /homerun/getdata2.asp, line 44

    .. . .
    > This is line 44:
    >
    > pos2=InStr(pos1,txt,"<span class")

    "pos1" is either zero, negative or, possibly, beyond the end of the string.

    If pos1 > 0 Then
    pos2=InStr(pos1,txt,"<span class")
    Else
    ' Oops