Invalid Viewstate remote

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DavidC, Jan 7, 2010.

  1. DavidC

    DavidC Guest

    I have an intranet asp.net application that I also test remotely and I am
    getting the "Invalid viewstate" error when I first open it after entering my
    username and password. Details of this error are shown below. I do not get
    this error when I am internally connected to our network. Can anyone help
    or direct me where to find a solution to avoid this error? Thanks.

    David

    An unhandled exception occurred:
    Message: Invalid viewstate.

    Stack Trace:
    at System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptStringWithIV(String s, IVType ivType)
    at
    System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
    context)
    at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    completedSynchronously)
    DavidC, Jan 7, 2010

  2. On Jan 7, 2:43 pm, "DavidC" <> wrote:
    > I have an intranet asp.net application that I also test remotely and I am
    > getting the "Invalid viewstate" error when I first open it after entering my
    > username and password.  Details of this error are shown below.  I do not get
    > this error when I am internally connected to our network.  Can anyone help
    > or direct me where to find a solution to avoid this error?  Thanks.
    >
    > David
    >
    > An unhandled exception occurred:
    > Message: Invalid viewstate.
    >
    >  Stack Trace:
    >    at System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptStringWithIV(String s, IVType ivType)
    >    at
    > System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessR­equest(HttpContext
    > context)
    >    at
    > System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplicat­ion.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    >    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
    > completedSynchronously)

    There are some related posts regarding DecryptStringWithIV and
    ViewState
    http://www.google.com/search?q=DecryptStringWithIV viewstate

    Maybe it can help you
    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 7, 2010