Invalidated fields fail to show their errors in wizard step?

Andy B.

I have a TextBox in a wizard step. I put a requiredFieldValidator next to it
and connected them together. I put a validationSummary at the top of the
wizardStep and set the validationSummary and the RequiredFieldValidator to
disable client script (for mobile devices). When I run the page and click
next, the wizard doesn't move up a step as expected, but the
validationSummary doesn't show any errors. When I type something into the
box and click next, the wizard advances to the next step as expected. What
could be going wrong here? I have the ErrorMessage set to "Something is
required" and DisplayType is set to none. I tried all of the DisplayTypes,
but nothing helps. How would I fix this?