    Regards,
    Simon
    , Apr 20, 2007

  2. Derek Tandy Guest

    On Apr 20, 10:29 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone please tell me what inverting a integer is?
    >
    > Also what is it used for?
    >
    > If you have a simple example then please let me know.
    >
    > There is not much on the Internet regarding this subject.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Simon

    Simon,
    I had never heard of it before you posted about it. Perhaps this
    will help...?

    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=555811&messageID=2724522
    Derek Tandy, Apr 20, 2007

  3. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone please tell me what inverting a integer is?
    >
    > Also what is it used for?
    >
    > If you have a simple example then please let me know.
    >
    > There is not much on the Internet regarding this subject.

    Is "inverting integer" a term you just made up, or did you hear about
    it from somewhere else? If the latter, could you give the context in which
    it was said? There are many possible meanings, all of which are, at best,
    awkwardly described by "inverting integer". It could be a reference to
    negation or reciprocal or bit flipping. The "integer" could be sloppy
    wording for "real number", "rational number", "elements of an ring", etc.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Apr 20, 2007