invoker configuration

Discussion in 'Java' started by Yogee, Jun 21, 2005.

  1. Yogee

    Yogee Guest

    Hi,
    I m new to TOMCAT. My question may be very newbie kind...

    invoker is configured as

    <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    webapps/trial/classes/

    url: http://localhost:8080/trial/servlet/SimpleServlet

    I want to put invoker on subdirectories of classes

    like:

    webapps/trial/classes/general
    webapps/trial/classes/security
    webapps/trial/classes/gui

    how can that be done, All I want is to add new directories in the
    classes and access them without adding configuration again & again in
    web.xml.

    Yogee, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Yogee

    Tom Dyess Guest

    "Yogee" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I m new to TOMCAT. My question may be very newbie kind...
    >
    > invoker is configured as
    >
    > <servlet-mapping>
    > <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
    > <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    > </servlet-mapping>
    >
    > webapps/trial/classes/
    >
    > url: http://localhost:8080/trial/servlet/SimpleServlet
    >
    > I want to put invoker on subdirectories of classes
    >
    > like:
    >
    > webapps/trial/classes/general
    > webapps/trial/classes/security
    > webapps/trial/classes/gui
    >
    > how can that be done, All I want is to add new directories in the
    > classes and access them without adding configuration again & again in
    > web.xml.

    According to Apache, the invoker is evil. Here is a FAQ that might help.

    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#evil

    ---
    Tom Dyess
    OraclePower.com