Invoking Commands in J2EE

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jim Fisher, May 22, 2004.

  1. Jim Fisher

    Jim Fisher Guest

    I am searching for a way to invoke command classes (Command Pattern)
    that utilizes Stateless Session Bean (SLSB) technology.

    The two approaches I have come up with are:

    1) Create a single SLSB and pass in a lookup name that matches to a
    command class from which the SLSB can use to create and invoke the
    command class reflectively. This assumes the command classes would be
    cached and managed in a configured pooled once loaded.

    2) Create a SLSB for each command class.

    I would prefer not to use Option 1, because I would like to avoid using
    *reflection* for such a common invocation. In addition, the management
    of command objects creates another problem already solved by the J2EE
    container.

    Considering Option 2, I would like something more convenient than
    creating a SLSB for each command.

    Hence, I would like to come up with a wrapper around SLSB that would
    enable the programmer to write POJO command classes and focus on the
    app code.

    I am also aware of code gen and declarative programming options in 3rd
    party tools and what is coming in JDK 1.5. Thus, I am searching for a
    true SLSB wrapper.

    Any ideas?
    Jim Fisher, May 22, 2004