Invoking serverside code from a webpage

Thomas Korsgaard

Hello,

I want to invoke a some java code on a server, preferably through RMI,
via webpage. The thing is that I don't want to embed an applet on that
page.

I was thinking something like:

Does anybody have an idear how to do this? Can it be done through
javascript?

Thanks,
/Thomas

Andrew Thompson

Thomas Korsgaard wrote:
I want to invoke a some java code on a server, preferably through RMI,
via webpage. The thing is that I don't want to embed an applet on that
page.

If the code is not being executed on the client side*,
it is being executed on the server side, which hardly
makes it 'remote'.

* e.g. by an applet or web started app.
I was thinking something like:

For server side execution.

For client side execution.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Thomas Korsgaard

Andrew said:
For server side execution.

For client side execution.

I dont think that I have expressed my problem correnctly. Sorry, Andrew.
But thanks for your reply.

The problem is that the java code is not on an Application Server. It is
on a proxy server that runs java, and I have very little control over
that proxy. Basically the sequence diagram would look somthing like this:

Internet Proxy Client

| ----------> |
| proxy modified webpage

Click in browser |

The deals with
the click
internally

I was thinking that maybe I could use java script function to invoke an
RMI method on the proxy.

Does anyone have and idea?

/Thomas