    javascript?

    Thanks,
    /Thomas
    Thomas Korsgaard, Jun 6, 2007

  2. Thomas Korsgaard wrote:
    >I want to invoke a some java code on a server, preferably through RMI,
    >via webpage. The thing is that I don't want to embed an applet on that
    >page.

    If the code is not being executed on the client side*,
    it is being executed on the server side, which hardly
    makes it 'remote'.

    * e.g. by an applet or web started app.

    >I was thinking something like:

    For server side execution.

    For client side execution.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 6, 2007

  3. Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > For server side execution.
    >
    > For client side execution.

    I dont think that I have expressed my problem correnctly. Sorry, Andrew.
    But thanks for your reply.

    The problem is that the java code is not on an Application Server. It is
    on a proxy server that runs java, and I have very little control over
    that proxy. Basically the sequence diagram would look somthing like this:

    Internet Proxy Client

    | ----------> |
    | proxy modified webpage
    | -------------------------> |

    Click in browser |

    The deals with
    the click
    internally

    I was thinking that maybe I could use java script function to invoke an
    RMI method on the proxy.

    Does anyone have and idea?

    /Thomas
    Thomas Korsgaard, Jun 6, 2007