Invoking Web Service without creating proxy

Thomas via .NET 247

I'm trying to invoke a web service programmatically withoutcreating a proxy (e.g. extending SoapHttpClientProtocol). (Theproblem is that at design-time I know nothing about the webservice, so I can't use a Web Reference.) Is there a way tocreate a SOAP invocation and manually invoke it? Can I extendSoapHttpClientProtocol (or something else) and override thedefault behavior? Something else entirely? One obvioussolution is to drop down to the raw XML, but I want to avoidthat, it's an awful lot of work that .NET already does for me.

Thanks,
Thomas

casey chesnut

couple shots in the dark ...

1) i think the SOAP Toolkit will let you consume web services without a
proxy.
you point it to a WSDL, and then you can call the methods.
its COM so you could possibly wrap it and call it from .NET

2) there is a Web Service tool on GotDotNet.
it has code that will create the proxy code on the fly,
and then call the web service.
you could use that code to do it.

Thanks,
casey