    though seeing that it is not managed.
    Any ideas would be great!

    Thanks

    Chris, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Chris

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Sure, take a look at Christian Weyer's great library:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/cweyer/archive/2003/07/07/9769.aspx

    "Did you ever think about invoking your XML Web Services dynamically without
    having to generate a client side proxy class at design/compile time with
    wsdl.exe or Visual Studio .NET? - No need to know the exact Web Service
    description and endpoint at compile/design time. Just get your WSDL from
    UDDI (or from wherever you want, e.g. XMethods), specify the type to
    instantiate and the methods to call ... voila! Can be used from any .NET
    application or even an unmanaged resource."

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens
    ________________________________

    Jan Tielens, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thanks for the reply But.
    He is actualy building the assembly on the fly.
    I do not want this. I want to invoke the webmethod without that - as was
    possible with the soap toolkit.
    I am thinking along the lines of using HTTPWebRequest to invoke the soap
    call.

    Thanks

    Chris, Feb 19, 2004
  4. I'm with Christan on this one. What do you hope to gain by NOT having the
    client side proxy?

    Michael

    "Christian Weyer [MSDN RD]"
    <christian.no_spam.weyer_AT_no_spam.xmlwebservices.cc> wrote in message
    > Trust me: the SOAP Toolkit did exactly the same (well, to a certain

    extent)
    > ... but not based on a .NET assembly, obviously. You have approx. the

    exact
    > same overhead with my approach (and I am using caching addtionally) as
    > comapred to STK.
    >
    > I don't recommend anybody to handcraft any SOAP requests and to parse any
    > SOAP responses - this is just too fragile and error prone. IMHO.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > Christian Weyer
    >
    > Microsoft .NET & Service Oriented Architectures
    > Consulting, Developing, Writing & Teaching
    >
    > [Microsoft Regional Director, Germany]
    > http://www.regionaldirectors.de/
    >
    > * XML Web Services: http://www.xmlwebservices.cc/
    > * Weblog: http://weblogs.asp.net/cweyer/
    >

    > "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > > Thanks for the reply But.
    > > He is actualy building the assembly on the fly.
    > > I do not want this. I want to invoke the webmethod without that - as was
    > > possible with the soap toolkit.
    > > I am thinking along the lines of using HTTPWebRequest to invoke the soap
    > > call.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Jan Tielens" <> wrote in message
    > > > Sure, take a look at Christian Weyer's great library:
    > > > http://weblogs.asp.net/cweyer/archive/2003/07/07/9769.aspx
    > > >
    > > > "Did you ever think about invoking your XML Web Services dynamically

    > > without
    > > > having to generate a client side proxy class at design/compile time

    with
    > > > wsdl.exe or Visual Studio .NET? - No need to know the exact Web

    Service
    > > > description and endpoint at compile/design time. Just get your WSDL

    from
    > > > UDDI (or from wherever you want, e.g. XMethods), specify the type to
    > > > instantiate and the methods to call ... voila! Can be used from any

    ..NET
    > > > application or even an unmanaged resource."
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Greetz
    > > >
    > > > Jan Tielens
    > > > Read my weblog: http://weblogs.asp.net/jan