    When i try read() command it gives me an IO timeout error.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanx in advance.

    Rajan Arora, Oct 18, 2008

  2. In message
    <>, Rajan
    Arora wrote:

    > I am trying to get the data out of an instrument through its GPIB port...
    >
    > When i try read() command it gives me an IO timeout error.

    What's the device name, device driver module name, do you have any sample or
    diagnostic code you can run to prove that your PC is communicating properly
    with the device?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 18, 2008

  3. Rajan Arora

    Rajan Arora Guest

    On Oct 18, 5:52 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In message
    > <>, Rajan
    >
    > Arora wrote:
    > > I am trying to get the data out of an instrument through its GPIB port....

    > > When i try read() command it gives me an IO timeout error.

    > What's the device name, device driver module name, do you have any sample or
    > diagnostic code you can run to prove that your PC is communicating properly
    > with the device?

    Hi..
    I am trying to automate an HP 4156. I am getting some of the data that
    i need, but when i specify the whole data set i want it to read, it
    takes some time and gives a IO Timeout error.
    Will making IO timeout=0 help?

    Rajan Arora, Oct 19, 2008
  4. In message
    <>, Rajan
    Arora wrote:

    > On Oct 18, 5:52 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    > central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    >> In message
    >> <>,
    >> Rajan
    >>
    >> Arora wrote:
    >> > I am trying to get the data out of an instrument through its GPIB
    >> > port...

    >> > When i try read() command it gives me an IO timeout error.

    >> What's the device name, device driver module name, do you have any sample
    >> or diagnostic code you can run to prove that your PC is communicating
    >> properly with the device?

    > I am trying to automate an HP 4156. I am getting some of the data that
    > i need, but when i specify the whole data set i want it to read, it
    > takes some time and gives a IO Timeout error.
    > Will making IO timeout=0 help?

    What's the device name as far as the OS is concerned that you are specifying
    to open the device, device driver module name, do you have any sample or

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 19, 2008