Io exception: Broken pipe,Io exception: Connection timed out

aemi

Hi all

I checked my my java code there is no problem with the code I think
that the problem is with the data .
I am getting such errors for thousands of records
can anybody tell me the reason for these error messages

info: SQLException: Io exception: Connection timed out
info: SQL: select person_id from sp_pers_trnsltn_t where EXTERNAL_ID =
'1231789' and data_srce_cd = 'HRMS1'
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection timed out
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:333)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:
2529)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:
2672)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:
572)
at com.hewitt.mb.common.utilities.DBUtil.runSelectQuery(DBUtil.java:
198)
at
com.hewitt.marriott.cds.ParseCensus.MakeSurePersonIdExistsForEmplId(ParseCensus.java:
340)
at com.hewitt.marriott.cds.ParseCensus.reformat(ParseCensus.java:135)
at com.hewitt.marriott.cds.ParseCensus.main(ParseCensus.java:110)
info: SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe
info: SQL: select person_id from SP_PERS_TRNSLTN_T WHERE EXTERNAL_ID
= '1231789' AND DATA_SRCE_CD = 'HRMS1'
info: SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe
info: SQL: select person_id from sp_pers_trnsltn_t where EXTERNAL_ID
= '1439567' and data_srce_cd = 'HRMS1'

Chris Uppal

aemi said:
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:
2672)

Maybe your query is just taking too long to execute. Or maybe there is
something wrong with the network connection between your program and the
database.

You could try running the same query from whatever interactive SQL tool Oracle
provide.

-- chris

aemi

Maybe your query is just taking too long to execute. Or maybe there is
something wrong with the network connection between your program and the
database.

You could try running the same query from whatever interactive SQL tool Oracle
provide.

-- chris

thanks chris