IO-Link Slave Device IP Core

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by debayan_p, Jun 23, 2009.

  1. debayan_p

    debayan_p

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    Messages:
    23
    Hi all,

    IO–Link is used predominantly in an industrial environment in automated production for linking sensors and actuators and is a point-to-point protocol(it is not a field bus system or a cabling system!).

    Now the IO-Link Consortium and its associated partners only have the know-how of the electronics to build the master and slave devices using the IO protocol stack/s(U need to pay 20,000 euros to be a member of that Consortium and then only u can have the tech. specs. for the hardware development :damnmate: )

    The document for the IO-Link protocol was only released this year in January. io-link(dot)com.
    I have been reading the protocol release note for the last 3 weeks and I am finding it really difficult to put together the pieces.

    I want to start with the slave device for the time being ! My prime focus would be to develop the slave hardware so that it can atleast communicate with the IO-Link Master (me an intermediate level VHDL user) !

    A copy of this initiative is already posted in opencores(dot)org. Upto now I have 2ppl collaborating with me, one from India and the other from Swiss.

    So is there anyone else here who is interested in this project ?

    Greetings,
    Debayan Paul
    debayanpaul@yahoo.com
    :captain:

    debayan_p, Jun 23, 2009

  2. debayan_p

    debayan_p

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    Messages:
    23
    sorry, forgot to mention my email ID

    Interested people can contact me at debayanpaul(at-the-rate-of)yahoo(dot)com

    debayan_p, Jun 23, 2009