IoC in J2ME? General question

thomas.fuller

Hi,

I'm doing a bit of personal research in the area of embedded Java
software development, and I'm curious as to why it seems that there
aren't any inversion of control microkernels specifcally built with
J2ME in mind?

I certainly understand that the core Spring IoC container, for example,
is probably too large for an embedded java program, but I would think
that a scaled down version of an IoC framework would be very useful for
statically wiring together services in an embedded application.

Am I way off in my thinking, or is this something that would, in fact,
be quite useful?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about OSGi. In case you're wondering,
I do Java Enterprise software development, so in this case I do not
have a very strong background in micro edition Java development.

Thanks for your feedback,

Tom